For Parents and Community Agencies
2017/2018 Registration Information
Welcome to ABC Head Start. We are accepting applications for the 2017/2018 school year at Registration Events this spring. For more information, please click on the links below. Please bring your child and the completed application with your eligibility documents to a Registration Event in your area. You can also visit the boundary map tab to see if you live within the catchment area of programming offered through ABC Head Start.
- Registration Event Information - What Do I Need To Know
- Eligibility Criteria 2017/2018 School Year
- Registration Event Schedule (updated schedule to include additional date as of April 24, 2017)
Please watch our video about Registration Events:
If you are unable to attend any of the Registration Events, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Administration Office at (780) 461-5353.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO APPLY:
To Download the application:
- Please click here: APPLICATION Form (Mar 2017) - writeable document 240 KB.
- Save it to your computer to enter the information. Please print the application and bring it with you to a Registration Event.
Ensure that you also have the required eligibility documents as we need to review the information.
Eligibility Documents Required:
- Income verification (2016 Notice of Assessment OR 2016 T4 OR letter of employment OR recent paystubs (60 days or 2 months) OR Income Supports Documents, OR Confirmation of Adult Student Status with confirmation letter from the school, grant disbursement document and school ID OR Self-employment documents which include a financial statement). Please note that you can bring a copy of the 2016 Tax Summary if you have submitted your taxes for all adults in the household.
- Child’s Alberta Health Care card
- Child’s Birth Certificate OR Passport OR
- Citizenship papers (If your child is not a Canadian citizen, you will also be required to show your citizenship papers.)
You can email, fax or mail the information to the Administration Office once Registration Events have finished in your area.
- Email: save a copy of your completed Application Form on your computer and send it as an attachment to email@example.com. Please put your child's name in the Subject Line of the email when you are submitting documents.
- Fax your completed Application to: 780-469-0423
- Mail your completed Application to: ABC Head Start, 9829 – 103 Street, Edmonton, AB T5K 0X9
***Please note: Copies of Eligibility documents listed above are required to process your application.***
Please call us if you have any questions or need assistance filling out this form at 780-461-5353 Ext 242. We look forward to meeting your family and thank you for your interest in ABC Head Start!
Steps for Community Agencies Only (Referrals):
- To complete a referral on behalf of a child and family, please contact ABC Head Start after you have completed the application and photocopied the eligibility documents.
- Please d
We have a transportation service contract with Southland Transportation Ltd. We offer transportation to families who live within the bussing boundaries for those who require bussing. If you live outside of the bussing boundaries, you must commit to providing transportation for the entire school year if your child is registered into the program.
Additional Parent Information (also see 'Our Programs')
- Parent Handbook is available upon request
- Parents as Partners Agency Information (PDF, 15 KB)
- Program Results 2013-2014 Report (PDF)
- Choosing Child Care
- Edmonton Public Schools Quick Guide 2015/2016 (PDF, 1.42MB)