The First Day
And just like that we blinked, and the summer of 2017 was over.
Bittersweet but it's BACK TO SCHOOL TIME! This time of year always gives me feelings of excitement and anxiety even though I am not going back to school. It must just be all those years of shopping for supplies, picking out a "first day outfit," and combing over every detail to make sure I was ready to jump on that yellow bus.
In preparation for THE FIRST DAY of ABC Head Start, here are 7 important things for parents to note:
1) The first day of class is WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6! You should have received a welcome letter letting you know which site, class and time your child will be attending. If you do not have this information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Your bus may be late...picking up and dropping off. The drivers are learning the routes, parents are figuring out how to get their preschooler to the curb, the children may need a bit extra time climbing the stairs...(my brother had to lift me up those giant stairs until I was in Grade 3 because my legs were so short)...so please be patient with your drivers.
3) There may be some tears. Maybe yours, maybe your preschooler, this is a BIG DAY! But rest assured everyone will settle in just fine.
4) USE THAT NAME TAG! A name tag was provided with your welcome letter, please make sure your child is wearing it as we get to know you and your child better.
5) We would love to see you at parent orientation! It's a great way to find out everything you need to know about what you and your child can expect throughout the year.
6) Follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with all of the ABC Head Start happenings!