The Welcome Winter Movement
I have to admit that yet another snow fall warning made me cringe this morning. The thought of more shoveling and snowy roads made me want to pull the covers over my head and hibernate until May. But then my thoughts went to a recent Edmonton Journal article about a tourism campaign for Edmonton embracing the dark, cold winters. There is even a team creating a strategy to make Edmonton a World-Leading Winter City!
As I tweeted out a few days ago - When life gives you snow, make snowmen! Let's embrace this recent snowfall warning with the enthusiasm of a winter-lovin' Edmontonian, and let's spread this "Welcome Winter Movement" to our children. So adults and children alike, bundle up and get outside!
Here are my 5 favourite activities to do in the SNOW!
1. Make a snow family resembling your family.
2. Blowing bubbles. When the temperature drops below 30C the bubbles freeze!
3. Fill spray bottles full of water tinted with food coloring and make the snow your canvas.
4. Have a winter time scavenger hunt. Freeze different colored ice cubes and hide them around your yard like an Easter egg hunt.
5. Find a something plastic, and a hill...let gravity do the rest.