Register for a Program with ABC Head Start Society
HOW TO APPLY for the upcoming 2020/2021 Program Year:
- Please make sure that the AGENCY APPLICATION form is filled out first and submitted online .
- Next, click here to complete the HEAD START REGISTRATION form and submit online.
- Please note: Copies of Eligibility documents listed on the registration form are required to process your application. Please make sure to upload clear copies of documents while submitting Head Start Registration form or processing time will be delayed, colour copies work best.
- Program Eligibility
- If you require assistance completing the forms, please call us at 780-461-5353, Ext 247 or 587-926-7591
Processing Timelines: Due to the volume of applications received, processing times will be approximately 10 days after February 11. If you have not received any notice after 4 weeks, please call us and we will check the status of your application.
ABC Head Start Boundary Map
To determine program eligibility, click here Program Eligibility .
Click here for the intake process.
We look forward to meeting your family and thank you for your interest in ABC Head Start!
Community Agencies Referrals ONLY:
- To complete a referral on behalf of a child and family, contact ABC Head Start after you have completed the application form, registration form, and photocopied the eligibility documents.
- Please send the documents by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (780) 461-5353 Extension 247.
- Download the application and registration forms. Save to your computer to complete the information and email the application, registration, and copies of the eligibility documents. Put the child's name in the Subject Line of the email.
- You can print out the form, fill out the information, provide proof of eligibility and mail it to ABC Head Start, c/o Jerry Forbes Centre, 12122 – 68 Street, Edmonton, AB, T5B 1R1.
Head Start programming is available for half-days only on Tuesday to Friday from September through June.
Transportation may be available for your child within your community. If you live outside of the bussing boundaries, you must commit to providing transportation for the entire school year if your child is registered into the Head Start program.
Contact your transportation provider to report an absence if your child will not be on the bus. Also, call the classroom and notify them that your child will be away.
Southland -> 780-466-9696 Stock -> 780-960-0753
ADDITIONAL PARENT INFORMATION:
Links to other Early Learning programs (or call 211)